User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 10:38:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News Box
SMF - Just Installed!

Key Stats
1711 Posts in 827 Topics by 4172 Members
Latest Member: Lyle
Home Help Search Login Register
Fox MUD  |  Fox MUD  |  General Discussion (Moderators: Victoria, Sygis)  |  Heresy I know, but... (FoxMUD alternatives) « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Heresy I know, but... (FoxMUD alternatives)  (Read 4410 times)
Wild

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:37:41 AM »

Where do Fox folks hang around at times like this? I've yet to find anywhere that I like quite as much as FoxMUD.
Albion
Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:41:07 AM »

That's a good question, I for one just wait as I have never found anywhere as good or as enjoyable as Fox.

So here i sit in a cold dark room waiting for the light that is FoxMud to come back on :>

Albion
Wild

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:10:34 AM »

Indeed. Until the announcement yesterday I was running telnet every 10 minutes. It kept me warm at least. Smiley
Kyrie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 06:35:29 AM »

This may sound quite heretical on my part, but I go looking at codebases myself.  Not that I really want to try to run a mud of my own, but more for the interesting and unique features that some codebases have.  Right now, I am looking at CoffeeMUD, WOLFMud, PaIN, and a couple of others.  I know that a lot of these codebases are out of date and a few a rather dated, but it makes for interesting speculation on my part.  Otherwise, I just sit and wait for Fox to get Fixed   Grin

And there is NO other mud like Fox.  About the only other one I would even consider playing is Sloth III or I might even boot up a copy of the original Diku mud.  But to play anything else is pretty much out of the question.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:53:07 AM by Kyrie » Logged
Than
Administrator
Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »

CoffeeMUD is interesting, i was looking at that a bit.  Insane amount of stuff in that codebase....almost too much really. 
Kyrie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 01:14:47 PM »

You got that right, Than.  WAY too blanking much stuff to deal with.  The code seems fairly clean, but *Sheesh!*  The amount of things in there is staggering at times.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: