User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2019, 11:46:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News Box
SMF - Just Installed!

Key Stats
1711 Posts in 827 Topics by 4172 Members
Latest Member: Lyle
Home Help Search Login Register
Fox MUD  |  Fox MUD World  |  Kazaren (Moderator: Sygis)  |  La Theatre and directions to Nath « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: La Theatre and directions to Nath  (Read 5590 times)
Blackwind

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2007, 12:29:15 PM »

Thought I'd give some directions to the Theatre which is actually pretty easy to find, but I'll also include the run to Uncle Nath, which is a bit more challenging. The Theatre is mostly mid level with some lower and higher level stuff in it. This run will take you past Aura and her stuffed tiger, one of the coolest parts of the area imo but beware if you are mean to the girl :twisted:
If you don't know about Nath, he is one of the meaner mobs in the game and loads adamant bars, quest points and an unusual head item.  Anyway heres the run through the Theatre to Nath.

u2sw3n2w;pick double;open double;nw;open door;3ne3nw5n4e;open door;n;say angel of music?;nd2w3s3e2nend2w...

You should probably pause here because this is the lake with the mists that are hyper aggressive and see invis. You will have to kill them, blind them or use a familiar to get past them and to a gateable room. Continuing to flee past them will probably lead to your death.

w2sws2e2nes(end of mists)esdn2wnen2wswsesw;open wall;2w2n

You can check my work on that last part its kinda hard to test cause you have to break up the run :wink:
Victoria
phpBB Demigod
Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 04:56:10 PM »

The girl is easy. Just be sure to push her out of the room before you kill her.

-Victoria
Jed
Fox Immortal Staff
Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:06:18 PM »

There is a throne two south and one west of nath... it has "In b__uty, th_re is p_r_ty." on it... I figure it's supposed to be "in beauty, there is purity."... and there is an exit to the west but I can't get it open... i've tried saying "In beauty, there is purity." but that doesnt open it. Any thoughts on how to get past?

rofessional Fatboy
Crimson
Fox Immortal Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 09:28:11 PM »

I recall Selune saying she based a lot of the areas on phantom of the opera.  She was pretty die-hard about it and used lines from the musical.  *laugh* I however can't remember many of the lines. Angel of music, guide and guardian comes to mind. as does something about a lasso and your hand at the level of your eyes.

Sygis
Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 07:41:32 PM »

Huh!  Huh  I recall she trod close to the limit on plagerizing for that area.  I was not, until now, aware she actually used lines from the musical.   Shocked

I know she knew Fox forbids using another's work without their express permission (aside from classical sources -- read Shakespeare/Dante era or older), upon pain of area removal or editting.

Sadly, this revelation means I have no choice -- when I get time, I'll be removing all the plagerized text from her area.  If that includes passwords used to pass puzzles, then those affected might be changing.  ("When I get time" might be months or a year, btw.)

Ideally, we'll do a quest to revise this, and make sure the new wording is at least as easy to work out as is the existing stuff.  Of course, if it's not derivative, then it's not a problem.

I hope I don't find any cases of plagerism -- it's always disappointing when I do.  Thanks, Sygis
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: